1 standing still; "the car remained stationary with the engine running"
2 not capable of being moved; "stationary machinery"
- Do not confuse stationary with stationery.
incapable of being moved
- Japanese: 固定された
- Japanese: 変わらない
Stationary can mean:
- Fixed in position, or mode: immobile.
- Unchanging in condition or character.
- In statistics and probability: a stationary process.
- In mathematics: a stationary point.
- In mathematics: a stationary set.
- In physics: a stationary physical process.
- The word is sometimes confused with stationery, meaning paper or office supplies.
stationary in Swedish: Stationär
abiding, adamant, adamantine, at a standstill, at anchor, changeless, constant, contemplative, continuing, dead-still, do-nothing, dormant, durable, enduring, firm, fixed, frozen, idle, immobile, immotile, immotive, immovable, immutable, inactive, inert, inflexible, intact, inviolate, irremovable, laissez-aller, laissez-faire, lasting, meditative, motionless, moveless, neuter, neutral, out of commission, paralytic, paralyzed, passive, pat, permanent, perpetual, persistent, procrastinating, quiescent, quietist, quietistic, remaining, riding at anchor, rigid, sedentary, solid, stable, stagnant, stagnating, standpat, static, statuelike, staying, steadfast, still, stock-still, sustained, torpid, unactive, unaltered, unchangeable, unchanged, unchanging, unchecked, undestroyed, unemployed, unfading, unfailing, unmovable, unmoved, unmoving, unshifting, unvaried, unvarying, unyielding, vegetable, vegetative